3D Screening Mammography
What is it and why should I consider it?
3D mammography is an important technological advancement that can improve early detection and improve your screening experience.
You already know that the mammogram is the most widely used and most trusted tool for breast screening. The goal of mammography is the early detection of breast cancer. When detected early, the chances for successfully treating breast cancer increase dramatically. In addition, finding cancer at an earlier stage may help save a woman’s breast by eliminating the need for a mastectomy.
3D mammography, or tomosynthesis, is a recent and significant innovation in breast imaging—approved by the FDA in 2011. Numerous European and American clinical studies have demonstrated that adding tomosynthesis to a screening mammogram increases the cancer detection rate by about 40% and significantly lowers recall rates.1 It has also been shown to find more invasive cancers earlier than traditional mammography2, which is why so many hospitals and imaging centers are adopting this technology.
3D Mammography at Desert Rose Women’s Center is:
- Safe and effective, with improved detection and fewer call-backs.
- Our GE Senographe Pristina offers the lowest radiation exposure of all 3D mammography systems (about the same exposure as a conventional 2D mammogram)
- Is faster than conventional mammograms with less patient discomfort
- Is performed with advanced computer-aided detection (CAD) technology
- Is less expensive than other providers, which can make a real difference if follow up testing is needed, or if you’re uninsured.
Are you due for your mammogram? Let us show you just how comfortable and easy it is to have a 3D mammogram at Desert Rose Women’s Center!